Batteries are an important component of your hearing. Make sure your batteries are fresh to ensure clear sound without distortion. The best place to purchase batteries for your hearing aid is at your local Miracle-Ear® Center to ensure the batteries work the best with your hearing aids.
Rechargeable batteries are available for most Behind-The-Ear (BTE) hearing aids. Availability varies in other styles. The technology of the rechargeable battery offers you improved power, smaller sizes, cosmetic advantages, and environmental advantages. If you are interested in rechargeables, ask your hearing professional which hearing aids offer them.
Disposable Zinc Air Batteries
Disposable zinc air batteries come in 4 sizes and are color coded to help you remember the right size. The batteries are air-activated, which means they do not begin working until the colored tab is removed and air is able to enter the battery cell. Remove and discard the tab only when you are ready to use the battery. There is no need to place the tab back on the battery.
- Size 10 batteries have a yellow tab.
- Size 13 batteries have an orange tab.
- Size 312 batteries have a brown tab.
- Size 675 batteries have a blue tab.
Battery care and life:
- Store batteries at room temperature in a dark location. Do not store batteries in refrigerator.
- Do not place batteries in your pocket or next to metal objects, such as coins.
- Change your batteries if you have to turn up the volume more than usual or sounds become distorted.
- Keep batteries out of reach of small children and pets for safety.
- Battery life varies by size, from three to five days, for a size 10 battery, to three weeks for 675 batteries, to 12 months for a rechargeable battery.