LACE Helps You Learn to Listen
Missing words and conversations? Even with hearing aids?
LACE® — Listening and Communication Enhancement — is an interactive program that helps improve your ear-to-brain “muscle memory.” Just as physical therapy can help rebuild physical strength and compensate for weakness, LACE can assist in developing listening, communication, and conversation skills.
You hear with your ears — but you listen with your brain. Even people with normal hearing can have poor listening skills. The good news is that your brain can be trained to use strategies that compensate for situations when your hearing ears alone might not be enough. LACE helps by:
- Training your brain how to pick out a voice in a noisy environment.
- Developing rapid thought processing skills to make up for lost sound.
- Teaching your brain to focus on one voice at a time.
- Helping you fill in words you’ve missed based on what you know.
- Using the words a person has said to predict what may come next.
LACE includes dozens of communication tips and strategies to help you better interact with those around you. After a few sessions performing these tasks, you’ll find yourself conquering difficult listening situations you never imagined.