This Cookie Notice applies to any web page, which may include other interactive properties linked through this web page (“Miracle-Ear Website(s)” or “Website(s)”) which are operated by or on behalf of Miracle-Ear, Inc. (“Miracle-Ear”). References in this Cookie Notice to “we” and through similar words such as “us,” “our,” etc. refer to Miracle-Ear as the operator and distributor of this Website.
The cookies and other website technologies we use or allow are an accepted part of e-commerce and important to your use of the Miracle-Ear Website. The information collected by cookies does not explicitly identify you, but some information may be considered personal information in certain jurisdictions; it includes, but is not limited to, general information about your computer settings, your connection to the Internet (e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns, and timings of browsing on the website), and your location. Location data may be collected through marketing cookies and is typically used for purposes such as providing targeted advertisements that are relevant to your geographical location but will not provide precise location information. Further details about the types of cookies that Miracle-Ear utilizes can be found below.
Any personal information you do provide to us through the Miracle-Ear Website would be governed by Miracle-Ear’s Privacy Notice.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are pieces of data issued by a website that, among other things, allow your computer to utilize all the features on the website. If and when your computer accepts a cookie, the cookie may be stored on the computer’s hard drive.
Below we provide more information about the specific types of cookies utilized by the Miracle-Ear Website, and what those cookies do.
What data is collected by Cookies?
Each time a computer visits the Miracle-Ear Website we may collect certain data from that computer. This data is automatically collected from the computer’s web browser and may include data such as the following:
- the type of web browser software the computer uses (for example, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer);
- the name of the domain from which the computer accessed the Internet;
- the Internet address of the website from which the computer linked directly to the Website;
- the date and time the computer accessed the Website.
We may use this data to help us make the Miracle-Ear Website more useful to you and for other business purposes. For example, we may tell business partners how many computers visited the Website or what pages were most popular. We may prepare reports and other materials using the data. We may use this data for any other purpose and may share the data with third parties.
What kind of Cookies do the Miracle-Ear websites use?
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie does not identify you personally and automatically expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or until you delete your cookies. These cookies do not expire when you close your browser. By assigning your computer a unique identifier through a persistent cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences which can be provided by us automatically, saving you time and effort on future visits.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect data. A description of the specific functionality of the cookies used by the Miracle-Ear Website is provided below.
Necessary cookies enable basic functions on the Miracle-Ear Website, like page navigation and access to secure areas of the websites. The Miracle-Ear Website cannot function properly without these cookies. As such, necessary cookies will always be collected regardless of your cookie settings. Necessary cookies are used for the following purposes, including:
- Preserving your website session state across page requests;
- Distributing traffic to the Miracle-Ear Website across several servers in order to optimize response times and improve your website experience;
- Identifying trusted web traffic to keep the Miracle-Ear Website secure;
- Storing your cookie consent state for the current Miracle-Ear Website you’re visiting.
Preference cookies enable the Miracle-Ear Website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks during your experience, like your preferred language, the font text appears in, or the region that you’re located in. Preference cookies are used to establish a unique user ID that recognizes you on returning visits in order to improve and personalize your website experience. For example, Miracle-Ear uses preference cookies in the following ways:
- provide a more personalized experience to users with more relevant content and content recommendations;
- allow users to more easily log in to use the websites;
- remember information about a user's browser and settings preferences, such as preferred language, to make a your experience more functional and customized;
- make the experience of using the websites better, like remembering the sound volume level selected by the user;
- test different versions of the websites to see which particular features or content users prefer to optimize the sites;
- authentication and security cookies to enable you to log in or stay logged in to access the sites, protect user accounts against fraudulent log-ins by others, and help detect and protect against abuse or unauthorized usage of user accounts.
Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Miracle-Ear Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Statistics cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Anonymously logging details about your browser and computer through a website like Google Analytics;
- Collecting anonymous data on your visits to the Miracle-Ear Website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded, in order to generate reports for optimizing the Miracle-Ear Website content;
- Determining what type of device (smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs etc.) is being used to access the Miracle-Ear Website;
- Gathering anonymous, technical information regarding your browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution as well as your navigation on the website.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across the Miracle-Ear Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for each individual user of the Miracle-Ear Website. You may opt out of the collection of marketing cookies at any time. Marketing cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Registering a unique ID that identifies your device for the purpose of targeted ads, auto-populating forms, validating if certain contact information is correct, keeping statistics about third party sites used/accessed through the Miracle-Ear Website;
- Registering anonymized user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites, and what ads you have clicked, with the purpose of optimizing ad display based on your movement on websites that use the same ad network;
- Collecting data on your visits to the website, such as what pages have been accessed, number of visits, average time spent on the website, in order to categorize your interest and demographic profiles in terms of resales for targeted marketing, identifying traffic patterns on the Miracle-Ear Website, and carrying out surveys to better understand your preferences;
- Evaluating efficacy of advertisements and likelihood of groups to engage with the Miracle-Ear Website and purchase Miracle-Ear products or services;
- Registering your sharing of content via social media.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will remove you from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through the Website or on other third party websites. Even if you opt-out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page, you may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt-out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out action may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at https://www.networkadvertising.org/.