Since hearing loss often happens gradually, the signs can be subtle or easy to miss. Do any of these symptoms sound familiar? Maybe you don't experiencethese things, but you've noticed a loved one struglging with them? It's important to take action sooner rather than later.
Top 8 Signs of Hearing Loss
- Difficulty hearing on the telephone or during video chats
- Exhaustion or headaches at the end of the day from straining to hear
- Smiling or nodding along in conversation, even if you didn’t understand what was said
- Asking people to repeat what they said
- Feeling like people are mumbling or speaking too softly
- Having trouble understanding speech in noisy situations, such as restaurants and sports games
- Turning the TV up so loud that loved ones comment or complain
- Difficulty hearing women, children, and high-pitched voices
Taking the Next Step
If you think you might have hearing loss, it's important to get a comprehensive hearing exam by a hearing care specialist. He or she can help determine the degree of hearing loss (if any) and whether hearing aids could help.
It’s time to take the first step towards hearing better days!